3 Customer Experience Triggers That Drive Growth, Loyalty, and Referrals
In a Nutshell: A “wow” customer service experience meets clients needs, engages customers on terms that gel with their lifestyle, and creates genuine human connection. Hitting those check marks is what separates Ritz-Carlton, Starbucks, Zappos, and the best financial advisory firms from the rest of the pack.
Guest: Joseph Michelli, a bestselling author, an international speaker, an organizational consultant, and one of the world’s leading authorities on how to develop joyful and productive workplaces with a focus on the customer experience.
My Key Takeaway: To give your clients a “Ritz-Carlton” advisory experience they’ll be sure to tell their friends about:
1. Don’t strive for excellent customer service. Seek perfection. The companies that try to deliver better service tomorrow than they did today are the ones that build the priceless brand loyalty that sets them apart from their competition.
2. Focus your client experience around addressing “peaks and pains.” Find small ways to celebrate big wins with clients that your planning helped them achieve. Use your financial expertise and your human empathy to mitigate painful moments — like, say, a sudden market downturn after a global virus outbreak.
3. Make the most out of every face-to-face interaction you have with a client. Your most effective marketing doesn’t happen in Facebook ads or on a billboard. It happens when a client is in your office getting five-star treatment from the moment they walk in the door. You won’t have to ask your clients for referrals — you’ll be earning them.
1. Why you wouldn’t take a first date to McDonald’s and what that says about good service vs. great hospitality.
2. How to integrate your tech stack with your advisory team to create elevated customer experiences on a consistent basis.
3. What Joseph Michelli learned about world-class customer service and team leadership from Howard Schultz, Airbnb, and Mercedes-Benz.