A Conversation with Eric Clarke, CEO of Orion Advisor Solutions
In this episode of the series we explore some of the hottest topics in wealth management today with Eric Clarke, Chief Executive Officer & Founder of Orion Advisor Solutions and its $900 Billion assets for more than 1,900 advisory firms.
Eric shares his unique perspective and experience on:
- Technology is the catalyst to achieve results (i.e., growth in AUM; increased efficiency; improved client experience; differentiation from the advisor next door)
- Advisors embracing technology to enable the fiduciary process are seeing ≈ +10% growth in AUM vs. advisors who don’t (Forbes)
- 5x faster growth rate of firms that focus on client experience vs. those that don’t (Pershing data)
- How it’s done: Focus on continuous enhancements to deliver next-level client experience (it’s an arms race) and expectations aren’t getting easier to accommodate.
- The biggest change, on the day-to-day level, is the sense of freedom advisors feel to build the business they want. They’ll have technology that specifically supports their work, complete control over how they interact with clients, as well as who they want to do business with. I hear advisors tell me they don’t have to wake up every day worrying about serving clients who give them a gut-ache. An independent advisor can take on the clients they like, surround themselves with a team they enjoy, and build the culture they want.
- The race to zero-fee trades paves an unprecedented path toward creating cost-conscious, optimized SMA portfolios.
- And much more.
Eric talks extensively about how to think through business strategies, and plan new scenarios to help advisors increase functional efficiencies and improve their operations.
It’s an episode that covers a great deal of ground – solid information for any advisor who is looking to gather insight on the changes in the landscape and use that knowledge to take their business to the next level.
ABOUT ERIC CLARKE
Eric Clarke serves as chief executive officer for Orion Advisor Solutions (Orion), helping advisory professionals operationalize their vision for success by delivering cutting-edge financial technology and investment management solutions through the organization’s four subsidiaries, Orion Advisor Tech, Orion Portfolio Solutions, CLS Investments, and Constellation Trust Company. Prior to, Eric was the founding CEO of Orion Advisor Tech, which he continues to lead, and previously served as CIO for CLS Investments. As an industry-recognized thought leader and advocate for advisory professionals, Eric has written numerous articles that have appeared in Investment News and The Journal of Financial Planning, and has received numerous industry awards including ThinkAdvisors’ IA25 in 2012 and 2019, and Investment News’ Icon & Innovators Award in 2019.
Eric earned a BS in Accounting from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Utah. As an avid runner, Eric uses the solitude of his runs to think through business strategies and plan new scenarios to help advisors increase functional efficiencies and improve their businesses.