A Conversation with Jerry Lombard, President, Private Client Group at Janney
In this episode we explore some of the hottest topics in wealth management today with Jerry Lombard, President, Private Client Group at Janney.
Jerry shares his unique perspective and experience on:
- Coronavirus and its impacts on the business:
- How has COVID-19 changed businesses?
- How should you plan and handle situations like COVID-19?
- What steps can you take today to prepare and help your clients & employees in the future.
- COVID-19 worries and concerns.
- Pandemic planning:
- How should you adapt on the go to respond to a crisis like COVID-19?
- How has technology shaped the way we view remote work and what does the future look like?
- Innovations in the business
- What is Janney doing differently in terms of innovation?
- And much more.
It’s an episode that covers a great deal of ground – solid information for any advisor who is looking to gather insight on the changes in the landscape and use that knowledge to take their business to the next level.
Jerry Lombard is President of the Private Client Group. In this role, he is responsible for all functions of Janney’s branch offices, Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, and their support teams.
Jerry has over 35 years of experience at Janney, having joined the firm in 1983 as a Financial Advisor. In 1986, he was named Vice President of Investments—one of the firm’s youngest advisors to achieve that title. He continued to build his practice, becoming one of the firm’s top advisors.
In 1992, he was given responsibility for the firm’s Money Management Services unit and was named First Vice President. As he built Janney’s advisory services platform over the next decade, this unit achieved the fastest growth of any of Janney’s business units and has grown from less than $1 million in revenue to over $300 million today, representing the majority of Janney’s PCG division’s revenue. In 2004, he was named President of the Private Client Group.
Jerry attended LaSalle College prior to joining Janney. Today, he is active in numerous charitable activities and serves on the board of the Philadelphia Sports Congress and the Pennsylvania Advisory Board of the Devereux Foundation. He previously served as Chair of the SIFMA Private Client Services committee and on the board of The Pennsylvania Trust Company.