A Conversation with Tim Oden – Senior Managing Director, Advisor Services of Charles Schwab Corporation
In this episode we explore some of the hottest topics in wealth management today with Tim Oden, Senior Managing Director, Advisor Services of Charles Schwab Corporation.
Tim shares his unique perspective and experience on:
- Zero Commissions — How does it compare with May Day 1975 — what differences does he see now vs. then & how has business changed.
- Commission regulations pre & post 1975
- Advantages & disadvantages of zerocom
- How has zerocom impacted competition
- How has Technology & AI challenged advisors
- Advise vs transactional elements
- How do you value measured for clients – How do you provide value for your clients
- Is zerocom impacting recruiting today?
Tim talks extensively about the future of wealth management, the challenges the industry is facing today, and how to start and grow a business in the future.
It’s an episode that covers a great deal of ground – solid information for any advisor who is looking to gather insight on the changes in the landscape and use that knowledge to take their business to the next level.
About Tim Oden
Tim Oden joined Schwab’s retail division in 1987 and migrated to its institutional division in 1990. He has held numerous positions at Schwab, including serving as manager for the Schwab Advisor Services™ Trading and Settlement Services department for over ten years.
Oden earned a bachelor’s degree from California State University, Fullerton, and a Master of Business Administration from Arizona State University.