EP 32: The Year in Review: The 10 Most Valuable Insights on Independence
A curated collection of the top words of wisdom shared by wealth management industry leaders and top breakaways from the first year of Mindy Diamond on Independence
Back in November of 2017, we launched this podcast series as a way to answer the questions that so many captive advisors were asking us about the independent space. Little did we realize how quickly it would catch on, nor the sheer amount of important information and critical points of view there were to share.
Just over one year, 32 episodes and some 26,000 downloads* later, this series has become the industry’s leading soundtrack for advisors who are seeking a greater understanding of the independent space.
As an acknowledgment of the enduring phenomenon that is the independent space – and a tribute to the amazing people that participated in the series – this episode is devoted to highlighting the 10 most valuable topics and words of wisdom from the past year, including:
- How independence is better for advisors with David Canter
- How independence is better for clients with Tim Oden
- Being a true fiduciary with Mark Tibergien
- The growth of support and how it contributes to the expansion of the space with Shirl Penney
- Breaking out of the box with Jim Dickson
- Managing compliance with Matt Sonnen
- Serving ultra-high net worth clients with Matt Celenza
- Multi-Generational Teams with Jason Cort
- Experiencing phenomenal growth with Bill Loftus
- Building a Firm for Maximum Value with Liz Nesvold
The goal of this series is to educate, inform and empower advisors, enabling them to make decisions about their future from a position of strength. As such, this episode concludes with sage advice from David Canter and key questions an advisor considering the space should answer.