Technology’s Role in Building a Firm for Maximum Value —Part 2 of a conversation with Eric Poirier, CEO of Addepar
Part 2 of a Conversation with Eric Poirier, CEO of Addepar
In episode 45 of this podcast series, Eric Poirier, CEO of one of the leading fintech platforms, Addepar, discussed how the playing field has been leveled when it comes to accessing modern technology—and how that access gives advisors in the independent space a massive advantage.
Taking the conversation a step further, Eric and Mindy explore the ongoing role technology plays in the different stages of a business – as well as a firm’s valuation – and what firm owners need to consider as their businesses and clients evolve.
Together they discuss:
- How the right technology can create the look and feel of a substantially larger firm—and make a firm a more attractive buyer or seller.
- What a firm principal needs to know when choosing a technology provider—and why approaching the process as more of a “partnership” is key.
- The questions to ask when evaluating technology—and how to determine the ROI of a modern tech platform.
- What different aspects of a business need to continually “interoperate” as a firm grows—and how developing best practices will help to identify gaps that can develop.
- The role of technology in enabling advisors to personalize service delivery—and how that translates to a better overall experience and greater profitability.
- The efficiency that technology brings to the table—and how that allows a firm to continually evolve and deliver on their value proposition with consistency and authenticity.
- How modern technology creates scale for a firm—and how to determine when greater efficiencies can be realized.
Eric also talks at length about data security—a critical subject that’s top-of-mind for every advisor and firm owner.
The right technology can help a firm appear “more sophisticated,” operating with greater efficiency, scalability and resourcefulness. Yet, as Eric describes it, “Technology is not just a veneer—but something far more substantive,” making it imperative that advisors and firm owners alike get familiar with the fintech options available to them. And listening to this episode is a great place to start.
About Eric Poirier:
Eric spearheads Addepar’s mission to bring data, technology & people together to help investors make the best, most informed decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. Before joining Addepar, he spent nearly seven years at Palantir Technologies, creating tools that enabled organizations to reconcile large, disparate datasets. As one of Palantir’s first 20 employees, he shaped its core technology while building its finance business. Earlier in his career, Eric worked in Lehman Brothers’ Fixed Income Analytics group, modeling, simulating and visualizing data across a broad range of debt and credit instruments. Eric received a B.S. in Computer Science from Columbia University.