February 20, 2021
This Week’s Top 5: Finra Bars Ex-MS Broker After Account Coding Issue, Wells Boosts Private Bank/Brokerage Ties, and More
- Finra Bars Morgan Stanley Veteran Fired over Inherited Accounts
Broker who was discharged after 23 years for failing to share account credits with retired advisor gets lifetime bar from regulator.
- Finra Sidelines Two Brokers who Took Client Info to New Firms
The regulator fined and suspended a Lincoln Financial Advisors broker and a former International Assets Advisory broker who started his own registered investment advisory firm for alleged violations of client privacy rules.
- Wells Fargo Advisors Embraces More Execs from Private Bank
Three Wells private banking officials join the management committee of Wells Fargo Advisors as bank-brokerage integration continues.
- Merrill Broker in N.J. Agrees to Customer Solicitation Ban
Former JPMorgan Chase bank-based broker acceded to his former firm’s customer contact block but did not admit wrongdoing.
- J.P. Morgan Chases Another Bank Broker Who Joined LPL
New Orleans-area advisor who was managing $145 million at a Chase branch allegedly violated employment agreements by soliciting former clients.