January 11, 2020
This Week’s Top Stories: Wells Maintains Lofty Recruiting Offers, Two MS Manager Exits, And More
- Wells Fargo Hires a Top RBC Broker Weeks After Her Dismissal
Chairman’s Club broker in Minneapolis who was dismissed by RBC over non-sales-related concerns after 28 years with the firm joined Wells late last year.
- Fired Edward Jones Broker Claims Retaliation for Discrimination Claims
Texas rep who complained internally, to federal regulators and to a court about his failure to get a new assignment says Edward Jones trumped up its real reason for firing him.
- Wells Extends Sweetened Recruiting Offers, Headhunter Bounties
Wells Fargo Advisors has told recruiters it will continue paying above-average fees for attracting brokers to any of its channels and will also maintain its sweetened deal for new advisors.
- Veteran Morgan Stanley California Manager Cynthia Newman to Leave
Newman, who gained notoriety for allegedly working with college admissions scandal mastermind Rick Singer, had been with the wirehouse since 2004 and managed its Pasadena complex.
- Morgan Stanley Eases Out Longtime Texas Regional Head
Ron Thacker, a regional manager since 2001, left the wirehouse Friday morning and is being replaced by Chicago-based regional director Steve Austin.