May 11, 2019
Top Stories of the Week: Another Non-Solicitation Disagreement, Merrill Broker Starts RIA, and More
- Court Grants Morgan Stanley TRO Against Janney Broker
Pennsylvania judge enforces temporary ban on client solicitation but delays process for moving the case to expedited hearings in Finra arbitration.
- Merrill Broker in Atlanta Launches RIA, Managers Step Down in Minnesota, Florida
After almost 25 years with the Thundering Herd, advisor managing $450 million sets up independent shop through Dynasty Financial Partners.
- Credit Suisse Ordered to Pay Two Brokers At Least $6.7 Million
Latest arbitration decision on deferred comp from Swiss bank that shuttered its U.S. business awards Morgan Stanley duo two sets of damages, fees and legal costs.
- Broker Sells Practice, Woos Back Clients, Loses Half-Million-Dollar Arbitration
Cetera broker in Ohio ordered to pay $490,000 to former associate at Ameriprise who bought his practice.
- Merrill Lifer Managing $250 Million Signs Up with RBC
“I didn’t leave Merrill Lynch,” New Jersey advisor says. “I left Bank of America.”