January 12, 2019
Top Stories of the Week: Wife of Fired Broker Joins Merrill PBIG, a $2.6-Mln Note Case, and a UBS Breakaway
- Merrill’s PBIG Hires Wife of Broker Fired for Excessive Trading
Los Angeles advisor worked for more than 20 years with now-estranged husband who was dismissed by J.P. Morgan in September.
- Ex-Morgan Stanley Broker Loses Bid to Nullify $2.6 Mln Note Balance
Boca Raton broker who asked arbitrators for $5 million in wrongful termination claim instead is ordered to pay off his forgivable loan balance.
- UBS San Diego Duo Producing Nearly $2 Mln Goes Indie
Brokers who set up an RIA two months ago said they have access to some niche alternative products for the 70 families they serve that were not available at the wirehouse.
- Edward Jones Wins 11% of Damages Sought from Breakaway Broker
Arbitration panel orders Ohio broker and Prospera Financial to pay Jones almost $25,000 for allegedly soliciting more than 1,000 Jones clients after his 16-year career with firm.
- Robert “Bob” Oros Takes Over at HighTower
Aggregator of wealth management practices confirms that discount brokerage veteran Oros has replaced founder Elliot Weissbluth in day-to-day management of the firm.