Your Business, Your Wealth Podcast
AdvisorHub presents Your Business, Your Wealth Podcast
Join Sound Financial Group CEO Paul Adams and President Cory Shepherd every week, as they help you Design and Build a Good Life™. Through the information provided on this podcast, we give you the ability to do this yourself. Why do we need to do this? Because every other media you’re going to engage in has a vested interest in capturing your mindshare, and in having you spend your surplus, rather than you caring for your financial future. Your financial future is inevitable and uncertain. The only question is, will you have a Good Life? No one has one by default, only by design. Most of the financial podcasts out there can be valuable, though you will notice that many of them are from someone who is unlicensed. This podcast is unique in that it is led and hosted by licensed financial advisors who have been in the industry for nearly 2 decades, hence the disclosure below and in the description attached to each our episode.
Listen to the latest episodes here
- Solutions To The Illusions Of Investing
- Your Financial Sacred Cows Could Be Milking You
- Ketchup! What Covid Has Changed: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Brock Blake CEO of Lendio – Saving The American Dream
- The Whole life Timeline – Part 2
- The Whole Life Timeline (pt. 1)
- Three Big Accounting Mistakes That Can Take Your Business Down
- The Trick Question of 30YR v 15YR Mortgages
- What Is Your ROR On Home Equity?
- Speed Dating Sound Financial Group
- Coronavirus Opportunities
- Freshbooks CEO Mike McDerment on Leadership, Partners and Coronavirus
- Is the Coronavirus Infecting Your Brain?
- Where are Tactics Overtaking Strategy in Your Financial Plan?
- The Hidden Costs of Investing: An Interview with Dr. Stefan Sharkansky
- Investing In You from the Influence Ecology Annual Member Conference
- Want to Heat Up Your Bedroom this Valentine’s Day? Talk About Money!
- Are Your 2020 Plans Going to Create the Life You Want?
- Does the Presidential Election Cycle Hold the Secret to Beating the Market?
- Are You Grounding Your Assessments with Kari Granger
- Are You Taking Your CEO Brain Food? – with Michael Langhout
- What Can You Do Now That You Are Aware Of The Illusions?: Illusions of Investing, Part 5
- Do You Know Your Fees and Costs?: Illusions of Investing, Part 4
- How Do I Know When to Get Out?: Illusions of Investing, Part 3
- Does 20/20 Hindsight Help?: Illusions of Investing, Part 2
- Stock Picking & Survivorship Bias Illusions of Investing, Part 1
- Should You Protect Sufficiency First?
- Zip Codes and 401(k)s
- Equity Indexed Products
About the hosts
Paul Adams — CEO & Founder
As CEO and founder of Sound Financial Group Paul leads a team of financial professionals dedicated to helping clients define their financial goals then developing unique, tailored strategies to reach them. Paul tells his clients often that they should always make their financial decisions based upon indisputable math and independent scholarship, not based on media hype, hearsay, or trend.
In addition to his specialized financial coaching, Paul is an accomplished speaker, conference panelist and author who has published two essential financial guides – Stop Burning Your Money; and Sound Financial Advice. He has been interviewed by Forbes, Entrepreneur and Inc. magazines to share his knowledge and passion for helping his clients maintain healthy balance sheets and better steward their finances. He also shares his knowledge as co-host of the long running, Your Business, Your Wealth podcast with over 130 episodes.
Paul lives in Everett, Washington with his wife, Kristen, and their three children – Andrew, Reagan and Vivian. He enjoys traveling, hiking and continuing his personal and professional education. One of his great pleasures in life is spending time outdoors with his family, for example, in 2017 he took his family on a total 83 nights of camping including a 40 day RV trip to Wyoming.
Cory Shepherd — ChFC®, CFP®, President
Early in life Cory was drawn towards dueling passions in business and education. In his financial practice he found a way to end the duel and marry the two together. The primary focus of his planning practice is educating and empowering physicians and entrepreneurs. Ever in pursuit of personal growth, Cory has attained the Chartered Financial Consultant® & Certified Financial Planner® designations, requiring thousands of hours of experience and rigorous training. He is the author of Cape Not Required, a strategic guide to finding greater power in your life. Cory is also the co-host of Your Business, Your Wealth, a podcast focused on bringing valuable philosophy and financial strategy to entrepreneurs and all others interested in building financial independence.
After 14 years in Seattle, Cory moved to Chicago with his wife Danielle, where she is completing a pediatric residency at Lurie Children’s Hospital. Cory is an avid tennis player, runner, and coffee roasting hobbyist. When Danielle has the occasional day off, they enjoy taking their dog Kubo on adventures in the great outdoors.
This Material is Intended for General Public Use. By providing this material, we are not undertaking to provide investment advice for any specific individual or situation, or to otherwise act in a fiduciary capacity. Please contact one of our financial professionals for guidance and information specific to your individual situation. Sound Financial Inc. dba Sound Financial Group is a registered investment adviser. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to first consult with a qualified financial adviser and/or tax professional before implementing any strategy discussed herein. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Insurance products and services are offered and sold through Sound Financial Inc. dba Sound Financial Group and individually licensed and appointed agents in all appropriate jurisdictions. This podcast is meant for general informational purposes and is not to be construed as tax, legal, or investment advice. You should consult a financial professional regarding your individual situation. Guest speakers are not affiliated with Sound Financial Inc. dba Sound Financial Group unless otherwise stated, and their opinions are their own. Opinions, estimates, forecasts, and statements of financial market trends are based on current market conditions and are subject to change without notice. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.